1. Develop and recommend to Senate the extension policy of the University.
2. Establish extension priorities.
3. Receive and approve extension proposals, including outreach activities.
4. Identify and make recommendations on ways of raising funds to support extension activities.
5. Encourage activities with Faculties and Departments on matters pertaining to institutional linkage, continuing education and extension programmes.
6. Cause to promote a closer linkage of research, training and extension through staff and student involvement in outreach programmes including public sector interaction.
7. Encourage and promote consultancy services by staff to clients/farmers on request.